Friday, January 23, 2015

the passing of a king


 



"I never expected to be anybody important. Maybe I'm not now, but whatever I am, whatever I will become will be what God has chosen for me," Elvis once said.




 

Gospel singer J.D. Sumner recalls a woman approaching the stage in Vegas with a crown sitting atop a pillow and Elvis asking her what it was. She answered, "It's for you. You're the King." Elvis took her hand, smiled, and told her, "No honey, I'm not the King. Christ is the King. I'm just a singer."

 

 Elvis stated, "All I want is to know the truth, to know and experience God. I'm a searcher, that's what I'm all about."



click on this link to read more and watch a video from Elvis' final performance as well as his fathers words upon his passing.











No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your time and please keep coming back with your comments and suggestions